‘Hargood’ GY.8 on the South Quay at Grimsby c1955
Photo1,194of2,343

‘Hargood’ GY.8 on the South Quay at Grimsby c1955.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From an original, large format negative. The location is the South Quay at Grimsby by the Rinovia Steam Fishing Co. Ltd. building on Faringdon Road (formerly Sleights, later Ross Group offices). Ross House was built on the land behind the Rinovia building in 1963/1964.

Built for the Admiralty in 1941/1942 as ‘Portsdown’ T221, a Hills Class vessel. Sold to Hull Merchants Amalgamated Trawlers Ltd., Hull in 1946 and renamed ‘Sollum’ H.369. Sold to Derwent Trawlers Ltd., Grimsby in 1949 and renamed ‘Hargood’ GY.8. Fitted for fuel oil in December 1949. Sold to Iago Steam Trawlers Ltd., Fleetwood in 1955 and renamed ‘Red Sabre’ LO.71 (London registered). Scrapped c1965 in Passage West, Cork, Eire.