‘Night Hawk’ GY.822 on the slips at Doigs 1934
From a print from an original, large format negative. The location is the site of J. S. Doig (Grimsby) Ltd., ship repairers. They were testing the traversa on the new slips.
‘Night Hawk’ GY.822 was built in 1916 by Cochrane & Sons of Selby. Her final owner at Grimsby, before WW2, was the Earl Steam Fishing Co. Ltd.; manager Sir Alec Black, ‘Field House’, Grimsby. She was requisitioned by the Admiralty during parts of both wars.
‘Night Hawk’ became A.517 (Aberdeen) in 1941 and GY.15 in 1944. (GY.15 sailed out of Milford Haven, not Grimsby.) She was broken up in Zeebrugge, Belgium in 1959.





