‘Cam Observer’ and ‘Samora’ GY.332 between fitting out jetties, No. 3 Dock, Grimsby 1990.
From the original negative.
‘Cam Observer’ was built as ‘Steigen’ in 1953 at Trosvik Verksted, Brevik, Norway. Her name history is ‘Lady of Essex’ (1968), ‘Anne of Norwich’ (1974), renamed ‘Steigen’ (1975), ‘Deventel’ (1984), ‘Cam Observer’ (1990), ‘Nutec Providor’ (1995). This vessel had a number of owners. Her fate is unknown.
‘Samora’ GY.332 was built as the seine netter ‘Verita’ E.636 in 1959 by Andersen & Jensen’s Skibs & Bådebyggeri, Esbjerg, Denmark. She moved to Hull in 1972 and was renamed ‘Hanne Alvilda’ H.151. She then moved to Grimsby and was renamed ‘Samora’ GY.332. Scrapped in 1995.
Note the company names in the background: Cosalt Fishing gear ?Rigging & Netting Services? Olsens (compass adjusters). Clark & Co. (Engineers, Grimsby) Ltd., Testing House, Wickham Road.





