‘Ocean Scimitar’ at Grimsby 1983
Photo820of2,343

‘Ocean Scimitar’ at Grimsby 1983.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From the original negative.

‘Boston Scimitar’ LT.100 was built in 1959 by Richard Ironworks Ltd. of Lowestoft for Boston Deep Sea Fisheries Ltd., Lowestoft. She was renamed ‘Ocean Scimitar’ LT.100 in 1974. In 1976, she was sold to Putford Enterprises and converted into an early standby vessel. In 1984, she was renamed ‘Putford Scimitar’.

In 1994, ‘Putford Scimitar’ was sold to owners in Barbados. Masts were added and she was converted into a sailing vessel for tourists and was given the name ‘Jolly Roger II’. In 2002, she was sold to new owners in Cyrus. She kept the name ‘Jolly Roger II’ and is still working.