View of No. 2 Dock from an ice conveyor; ‘Churchill’ GY.585 in dock 1957.
From the original negative.
‘Churchill’ GY.585 was built in 1948 by Alexander Hall & Sons of Aberdeen for Grimsby Merchants Amalgamated Trawlers, Grimsby. She was scrapped in Belgium in 1968.
GY.101 was ‘Vizalma’. She was built in 1940 by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Beverley for Atlas Steam Fishing Co. Ltd., Grimsby. During WW2, she was requisitioned as anti-submarine trawler No.FY.286. 23.12. In 1949 she was fitted for fuel oil. Scrapped at Dunston on Tyne in 1964.





