Severe damage to the bow of ‘Scarron’ GY.935 c1930s.
From a vintage photograph. A photo by Jack Jones. The location is No. 3 Fish Dock slips, Grimsby.
‘Scarron’ GY.935 was built in 1913 by Cook, Welton & Gemmell of Beverley for Standard Steam Fishing Co. Ltd., Grimsby. She was requisitioned in 1915 by the Royal Navy as a bomb thrower / minesweeper (No. FY 1864) and was returned in 1919. She was requisitioned again in 1940 as a minesweeper (No. FY 1913) and was returned in 1945.
In 1942, ‘Scarron’ GY.935 was sold to St Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co. Ltd., Hull. Broken up in Llanelly in 1946. Grimsby registry closed “Ship broken up”.





