Grimsby’s Old Town Hall c1860.
A detail from a magic lantern slide. St James’ Church (now Grimsby Minster) is on the left. The Yarborough Hotel is behind the Town Hall. Note the boars’ heads coat of arms on the Town Hall. Part of the dome on the roof can just be seen.
Our current Town Hall was built in 1863.
Note the medieval Market cross. It has since been moved within the churchyard.





