‘New Crown’ GY.369 and ‘Thrush’ GY.114 at Fleetwood c1910.
From the original image. The photographer is unknown.
‘New Crown’ GY.369 was built in 1908 by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co. Ltd., Hull for Crown Steam Fishing Co., Grimsby. In 1916, she was sold to the French Navy and was renamed ‘Renard’. In 1917, she was sunk off Kéréon Lighthouse, France by a mine from a German submarine and eleven crewmen were lost.
‘Thrush’ GY.114 was built in 1906 by Earle’s Shipbuilding & Engineering Co. Ltd., Hull for Pioneer Steam Fishing Co. Ltd., Grimsby. Sunk 50 miles west from Eagle Island, Scotland in 1915. No lives were lost.





