‘Sabreur’ GY.932 at Grimsby c1937.
From the original negative.
Built in 1916 by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Beverley for Alick (later Known as Alec) Black, Fish Docks, Grimsby. In 1916, she was requisitioned by the Royal Navy as a minesweeper No. FY 2964. Returned in 1919.
In 1918, she was sold to Strand Steam Fishing Co. Ltd., Grimsby. In 1937, she was sold to Sir Thomas Robinson & Sons Ltd., Grimsby. In 1939, she was requisitioned by the Royal Navy as a minesweeper / auxiliary patrol vessel No. FY 824 and renamed ‘Badinage’. In 1945, she was returned and reverted. Scrapped at Gateshead in 1960.





