‘Griffin’ GY.1240 sailing from Grimsby c1920s
Photo632of2,343

‘Griffin’ GY.1240 sailing from Grimsby c1920s.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From a negative.

Built in 1903 by Smith’s Dock Co. Ltd., North Shields for Mackrill & Sons, Grimsby. Requisitioned by the Fishery Reserve during WW1. (The Fishery Reserve was formed in May 1917 to ensure the continuing availability of fresh fish for domestic consumption.)

In 1928, she was bought by NV Vissch Maats ‘IJmond’, IJmuiden and renamed ‘Elnet’ YM.102. In 1935, she was bought by another Dutch company and renamed ‘Vios V’ IJM.102. Fate unknown.