‘Nyborg’ GY.447 at Grimsby 1980.
From the original colour slide. A rare image.
Built in 1957 as ‘Nyborg’ H.29 by George Thomson & Son, Buckie, Scotland for St Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co. Ltd., Hull. After coming to Grimsby, she was registered as GY.447. A few weeks later, she had the new name ‘Marilyn Olsen’.
Broken up at Grimsby c1992.
Note: George Thomson & Son built six anchor-seiners for St Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co. Ltd. of Hull in a three-year period from 1956; Aalborg H.27, Nyborg H.29, Skanderborg H.64, Svendborg H.66, Taarnborg H.92 and Frederiksborg H.93.





