‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’ GY.31 c1966.
From an original colour slide.
The name of 22 letters was the longest name ever carried by a Grimsby trawler.
Built by Cook, Welton & Gemmell at Beverley for St Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co., Hull in 1946. First registered as ‘St. Matthew’ H.284. Consolidated Fisheries bought ‘St. Matthew’ from Boston Deep Sea Fisheries Ltd. in 1957. (’St. Matthew’ spent from 1953 until 1956 in Belgium. She was re-registered H.70 on her return.)
Scrapped in 1967.





