‘Thomas Tompion’ GY.126 in the lock at Grimsby 1950s
Photo500of2,343

‘Thomas Tompion’ GY.126 in the lock at Grimsby 1950s.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From a negative.

‘Thomas Tompion’ GY.126 was built in 1950 by Cook, Welton and Gemmell Ltd., Beverley for H. Croft Baker & Sons Ltd., Grimsby. In 1957, she was sold to Derwent Trawlers Ltd., Grimsby. In 1958, she went across the river to Charleson Smith Trawlers, Hull and was renamed ‘Stella Procyon’ H.154. In 1962, she was renamed ‘Ross Procyon’. In 1967, she was sold to Hudson Bros. Trawlers Ltd., Hull. Scrapped in 1968.

Note: Thomas Tompion (1639-1713) was a London clockmaker and watchmaker who is regarded as the “Father of English Clockmaking”. His fine work can command very high prices when examples appear at auction.