‘Thuringia’ GY.321 in No. 2 Dock, Grimsby with a tug 1950s
Photo499of2,343

‘Thuringia’ GY.321 in No. 2 Dock, Grimsby with a tug 1950s.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From a negative.

Built in 1943, completed 1944, by Cook, Welton & Gemmell Ltd., Beverley for the Admiralty. She was named ‘Guardsman’ T.393. In 1946, she was sold to the Great Grimsby & East Coast Steam Fishing Co. Ltd. and renamed ‘Thuringia’ and registered as GY.321. Converted to oil in 1947. In 1966, she was sold to Northern Trawlers Ltd., Grimsby. Scrapped at Dunston on Tyne in 1966.