‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’ GY.31 berthed at Grimsby 1959
Photo491of2,343

‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’ GY.31 berthed at Grimsby 1959.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From a negative.

The name of 22 letters was the longest name ever carried by a Grimsby trawler.

Built by Cook, Welton & Gemmell at Beverley for St. Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co., Hull in 1946. First registered as ‘St. Matthew’ H.284.

In 1951, ‘St. Matthew’ H.284 was sold to Zwicker & Co. Ltd. Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada. She came back to St. Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co., Hull in 1955 as ‘St Matthew’ H.70. Consolidated Fisheries Ltd., Grimsby bought ‘St. Matthew’ in 1957. She was re-registered as ‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’ GY.31. Scrapped at Dunston on Tyne in 1967.

Note: Consolidated Fisheries crown on the funnel.