GY.422 Coventry City c1960
Photo1,633of2,343

GY.422 Coventry City c1960.

Grimsby Fish Docks

Built in 1937 at Smith’s Dock ship yard, Middlesborough and named Mareham GY.422. Her name was changed to Coventry City GY.422 in 1938 (one of the ‘football club’ trawlers). She was requisitioned by the Admiralty as an anti-submarine trawler in 1939 and returned to the owners (Consolidated Fisheries Ltd.) in 1946. She was scrapped in 1964.