Two gentlemen and a Bradbury motor bicycle at South Elkington Hall c1911.
The motor bicycle is a 3.5 H.P. Bradbury. Weight 200lbs.
The first owner of ‘BE 1053’ was William Henry Gordon Smyth of South Elkington Hall, Louth. Registered 21st March 1911.
The second owner of ‘BE 1053’ was James Edward Mawer of 6 Upgate, Louth. Registered 28th January 1913.
The third owner of ‘BE 1053’ was Harold Bertram Smith of The Thorpe, Elkington. Registered 24th January 1914.
As the photo was definitely taken at the front entrance of South Elkington Hall, the gentlemen in the photo are highly likely to be members of the Smyth family.
South Elkington Hall was demolished in the 1960s or 1970s. Some of its fine trees remain.





