The People’s Park, Grimsby; west entrance and gates c1906
Photo2,066of2,343

The People’s Park, Grimsby; west entrance and gates c1906.

Grimsby

Showing No. 1 (‘West Park’) and No. 2 (‘Brunswood’), Park Drive and the park gates looking towards Abbey Park Road. St James’ Church (now Grimsby Minster) is in the background. The houses are still there but the gates at both the east and west entrances to Park Drive were removed in 1943 for the war effort.

These houses were built c1905. Edwin Tyson lived at No. 1 (‘West Park’) and Charles Bellamy lived at No. 2 (‘Brunswood’). All were private residents at the time. The third house (‘Holmfield’) is in Welholme Road. It was the home of David Brocklesby.

This is a real photographic postcard by an unknown photographer. It was written on the 1st August 1906, but not posted. The senders were Uncle George and Aunt Fanny and it was to Amy and Walter.