‘Ross Tiger’ GY.398 sailing 1976
Photo331of2,343

‘Ross Tiger’ GY.398 sailing 1976.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From the original negative.

‘Ross Tiger’ GY.398 was built for Derwent Trawlers Ltd. by Cochrane and Sons Ltd., Selby in 1957. In 1985, ‘Ross Tiger’ was sold to Cam Shipping and was renamed ‘Cam Tiger’. She was converted at Priors Slip, Lowestoft for use as an oil-rig supply ship and she returned to Grimsby later the same year.

Once out of the water, from 1990, ‘Cam Tiger’ had her propellor and rudder removed and the apertures sealed. The hull was shot blasted and coated with a preservative paint. She was restored to a trawler and renamed ‘Ross Tiger’ and sold to the local council to become the star attraction alongside the Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre.