Ross Tiger GY.398 / Cam Tiger 1990.
The ‘Cam Tiger’ in June 1990 undergoing preservation processes at Grimsby Docks in June 1990.
‘Ross Tiger’ GY.398 was built for Derwent Trawlers Ltd. by Cochrane and Sons Ltd., Selby in 1957.
In 1985, ‘Ross Tiger’ was sold to Cam Shipping and was renamed ‘Cam Tiger’. She was converted at Priors Slip, Lowestoft for use as an oil-rig supply ship and returned to Grimsby later the same year.
Once out of the water from 1990, ‘Cam Tiger’ had her propellor and rudder removed and the apertures sealed. The hull was shot blasted and coated with a preservative paint. She was restored to a trawler and renamed ‘Ross Tiger’ and sold to the local council to become the star attraction alongside the Grimsby Fishing Heritage Centre.
Ross House is in the background of the photo.
Note: ‘Ross Tiger, Grimsby’ is painted on the stern of the trawler at the museum. It’s black on white as it was on the ‘Cam Tiger’. Original ‘Ross Tiger’ photos show that it was named in white on the black below.





