Grimsby Town F.C.; 1907-1908 season.
Nicknamed “the Mariners”, the club was founded as Grimsby Pelham in 1878, changed its name to Grimsby Town a year later and moved to its current stadium, Blundell Park, Cleethorpes, in 1898. In 1925 they adopted the black and white stripes as their colours.
The manager, H.N. Hickson, is on the extreme right of the photo. The man with the straw boater is A. McConnell, the Midland League team manager.
A original photo by Edwin Noble of 233 Freeman Street, Grimsby. One of Grimsby’s finest photographers.





