Grimsby Docks; ‘Miriam’ TA.122 1949
Photo1,926of2,343

Grimsby Docks; ‘Miriam’ TA.122 1949.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From an original negative.

Built in 1933 by Smith’s Dock Company Ltd., South Bank and Stockton as ‘Aston Villa’ GY.508.

First owner: Consolidated Fisheries Ltd. (Sir John Marsden, Bart.), Grimsby.

Other names 1936 ‘HMT Mascot’ 1937 ‘HMT Vulcan’ 1947 ‘Fotherby’ FD.262 1951 ‘Miriam’ TA.122 (Ezra Fishing Co Ltd, Haifa, Israel.) 1953 ‘Pollux’ Scrapped in 1965

Israel was aiming to build a fishing fleet at the time this photo was taken at Grimsby Docks. Hence the Tel Aviv registration number. She would soon be on her way to Israel.

The trawler on the left is ‘Scouter’ GY.1180 previously ‘Moravia’.