Photo1,896of2,343
‘Grimsby Town’ GY.81; the first ‘Grimsby Town’ 1930s.
Grimsby Fish Docks
Built by Smith’s Dock Co. Ltd. (South Bank), Middlesborough in 1934 for Consolidated Steam Fishing and Ice Co. Ltd. (J. D. Marsden, Grimsby). She was requisitioned by the Admiralty as ‘HMT Grimsby Town’ from 1939 until 1945.
‘Grimsby Town’ was lost in 1946 when she ran aground off the southern coast of Iceland. Three crew members were lost.





