Royal Visit to Grimsby 1912.
A genuine 1912 photographic postcard published by F.C.C. Series (Frederick Charles Cooper).
King George V and Queen Mary are shown travelling down Victoria Street during their visit on 22nd July 1912. The Old King’s Head was at 73 Victoria Street next to the Haven Street Junction which was somewhere near where Marks & Spencer is today.
The licensee of the Old King’s Head was Henry Hobson Chapman from 1909 until 1919 and W. B. Winship in 1923.
Arthur Lee’s furniture shop is on the other side of Haven Street.





