Grimsby; Park Gates c1904.
An original ‘Peacock Brand’, “Autochrom” pictorial postcard published by the Pictorial Stationery Co. Ltd., London.
It was posted in Grimsby on 4th October 1904 by Katie & Ellis. The recipient was Miss A. Barroclough, Leuchold Villa, Fleetgate, Barton on Humber. (The house is still there today. It was built in 1891.)
The location is at the junction of Park Drive, Welholme Road and Ainslie Street. The park gates were removed for the war effort but the metal was not required. Park Lodge was demolished in the 1960s and replaced with a bungalow.





