The Red Lion, Freeman Street, Grimsby (detail) c1905.
A detail from an original c1905 postcard by an unknown publisher/photographer.
The Red Lion Hotel was on the corner of Freeman Street and Nelson Street.The name over the door at the time was Arthur Forge.
The Red Lion closed in the 1960s and was later demolished. Were any of these wonderful exterior decorations saved?
The postcard was sent by Elise from Grimsby on 8th August 1905. The recipient was Will Wichera(?) of 19 Cemetery Road, Bolton.





