‘Fifinella’ GY.1038 1930s.
GY.1038 ‘Fifinella’ was built in Selby in 1916 for the Consolidated Steam Fishing & Ice Co. (Grimsby) Ltd. and named after a racehorse. She served as a minesweeper during WW1. ‘Fifinella’ was scrapped in 1937.
This is one of a series of wonderful photographs of trawlers and trawler crews by The P. & S. Photo Service of 70 Freeman Street, Grimsby. P. & S. stands for Parker & Spyvee who had four dispensing chemists shops in Grimsby. Tom Parker was the pharmacist and Rex Spyvee looked after the photography side of the business.
See associated images.





