Cleethorpes Pier Concert Hall fire 1903.
An original hand-coloured, printed postcard by an unknown publisher.
Possibly produced locally soon after the fire. The two spelling mistakes in the date possibly support the fact that this card was hastily produced!
The fire completely wrecked the far end of the pier and removed all traces of the concert hall and refreshment bar. The timbers were charred and the girders were twisted.
The replacement and current pavilion was built halfway along the pier in 1905.
A section was cut out of the pier during WW2 to impede its use in any German invasion attempt. All traces of the pier behind the current pavilion were removed after the end of the war.





