‘Cam Jaguar’ under conversion 1994.
From the original negative. Dated: 1994. Location: The North Wall, Grimsby Docks.
Built as ’Ross Jaguar’ in 1957 by Cochrane & Sons, Selby for Derwent Trawlers Ltd., Grimsby. In 1959, she was registered to Ross Trawlers and, subsequently, Yorkshire Trawlers, George Frederick Sleight, British United Trawlers, George Frederick Sleight (again), all of Grimsby.
In 1985, ‘Ross Jaguar’ GY.494 was sold to Cam Shipping for use as an oil rig support vessel and renamed ‘Cam Jaguar’.
From 1992 until 2005, ‘Cam Jaguar’ was slowly converted into a three-masted, luxury sailing schooner at Grimsby. She sailed out of Grimsby on her way to New Zealand. She is now lying half sunk after she ran aground on rocks off the western coast of Malaysia.
The vessel this side of ‘Cam Jaguar’ is ‘Esther’ BN.51 a Boston registered vessel built in Kings Lynn in 1935.





