‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’ GY.31 1965
Photo1,538of2,344

‘Wolverhampton Wanderers’ GY.31 1965.

Grimsby Fish Docks

From an original 1965 colour negative. The location is No. 3 Dock, Grimsby.

The name of 22 letters was the longest name ever carried by a Grimsby trawler.

Built by Cook, Welton & Gemmell at Beverley for St Andrew’s Steam Fishing Co., Hull in 1946. First registered as ‘St. Matthew’ H.284.

Consolidated Fisheries bought ‘St. Matthew’ from Boston Deep Sea Fisheries Ltd. in 1957. (’St. Matthew’ spent from 1953 until 1956 in Belgium. She was re-registered H.70 on her return.)

Note the Consolidated Fisheries crown on the funnel.

Scrapped in 1967.