Spurn Lightship 1980.
From the original colour slide dated April 1980.
This light vessel 14 (LV14) was built in 1958 by Cook, Welton & Gemmell of Beverley. She was commissioned by the Humber Conservancy Board in June 1959 and stationed at the Spurn sandbank in the Humber Estuary. In 1985 she was decommissioned.
LV14 has had an interesting life since 1985. She moved to Guernsey then Conwy, Milford Haven and Waterford (Ireland). LV14 ‘Spurn’ was converted to LV14 ‘Sula’ at Sharpness before moving to Gloucester. LV14 ‘Sula’ now provides luxury, getaway accommodation at Gloucester.





