Buses inside the Grimsby-Cleethorpes Joint Transport Committee (now Stagecoach) depot 1962
Photo1,283of2,343

Buses inside the Grimsby-Cleethorpes Joint Transport Committee (now Stagecoach) depot 1962.

Grimsby

From the original negative.

KWE 254 was an A.E.C. Regent III, with a Weymann body, built in July 1948. Acquired from Sheffield Corporation in February 1961 and entered service in Grimsby-Cleethorpes in January 1962. Withdrawn from service and scrapped in 1967.

JV 4695 was an A.E.C. Regent, with a Roe body, built in June 1936. A new N.C.B. body was fitted in 1945 after the original Roe body had been destroyed by enemy action in June 1943. Withdrawn in 1962 and went to Searby to be scrapped by July 1962.

The bus depot on Victoria Street is built from old seaplane hangers removed from RNAS Killingholme when it closed in 1919. The brick frontage still bears the signage “Grimsby Corporation Tramways 1925”.