Drifters at the Herring Quay, Royal Dock basin, Grimsby c1905.
From an original negative. A photo of an old print.
The names on the herring barrels and boxes are “John L. Green, Grimsby” and “G. King & Co., Grimsby”.
John L. Green will be John Laverance Green (1869-1941), fish merchant and fish curer. The King family were also fish merchants.
YH.500 was the steam drifter ‘Eight’. She was built in North Shields in 1901 and broken up in 1928.





