‘Fairtry III’ LH.371 (Leith) at Grimsby 1960.
From the original, medium format negative. The photo was taken in October 1960. The location is on the east side of the Royal Dock by the ‘Great Northern Railway Goods & Grain Warehouse’ / ‘Grimsby Cold Store’. This fine building was built in 1902 and demolished c2000.
‘Fairtry III’ LH.371 was a fishing factory. She was built by Simons-Lobnitz Ltd., Renfrew, Scotland and completed in January 1960. The engine builder was Ruston & Hornsby Ltd., Lincoln. Her first owner was The South Georgia Co Ltd. – Christian Salvesen & Co. Ltd., Leith. She was laid up by 1967 and she was broken up in Blyth in 1970.





